The 2015-2016 Leadership Lake Tahoe has just concluded.
We will be accepting applications for the 2017-18 class in April of 2017.
Leadership Lake Tahoe began in 2003 with a mission to identify and develop current and future leaders through a comprehensive program designed to increase knowledge and awareness of the issues and challenges facing our community.
Community members from all business sectors looking for professional and personal development and more involvement in our community are encouraged to apply.
The program covers ten key aspects of our community including:
- Leadership Development
- Government (Nevada and California; City and County)
- Public Education System
- Social Services/Community Resources
- Public Safety
- Economic Development/Redevelopment
- Specialized leadership skills workshops (time management, understanding work style differences, advanced communication skills, diversity, marketing, generational differences in the workforce, etc.)
The Required Commitment
- Program sessions are held the first Wednesday of each month (September through June) 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Participants are expected to attend all sessions.
- Participants will work on a group project that will benefit the community and develop a multitude of leadership skills.
- Participants are required to speak at a public meeting and take a stance on a community issue.
- Participants are required to do a 8-10 minute presentation on a leadership topic and how it directly relates to their work experience.
Leadership Lake Tahoe Class of 2015-2016