We are currently accepting applications for the 2017-18 class
Applications are due by Monday, June 12 by 5:00pm
Leadership Lake Tahoe began in 2003 with a mission to identify and develop current and future leaders through a comprehensive program designed to increase knowledge and awareness of the issues and challenges facing our community.
Community members from all business sectors looking for professional and personal development and more involvement in our community are encouraged to apply.
The program covers ten key aspects of our community including:
- Leadership Development
- Government (Nevada and California; City and County)
- Public Education System
- Social Services/Community Resources
- Public Safety
- Economic Development/Redevelopment
- Specialized leadership skills workshops (time management, understanding work style differences, advanced communication skills, diversity, marketing, generational differences in the workforce, etc.)
The Required Commitment
- Program sessions are held the second Wednesday of each month (September through June) 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Participants are expected to attend all sessions as well as a mandatory meet and greet mixer the evening before orientation day.
- Participants will work on a group project that will benefit the community and help develop a multitude of leadership skills. This class project will require extra hours outside of class time to complete.
- Participants are required to speak at a public meeting and take a stance on a community issue.
- Participants are required to do a 8-10 minute presentation on a leadership topic and how it directly relates to their work experience.
- Tuition for Leadership Lake Tahoe is $750 for Chamber members or $1000 for non-members (includes a $150 deposit).
- There are scholarship opportunities available. Please include that information on your application form.
How to Apply
The application process for Leadership Lake Tahoe is competitive and participants are selected based on their demonstrated concern for, and interest in, our community.
- A completed application is due by Monday, June 12.
- Your $150 deposit is due no later than Friday, June 30 to be eligible for the program. The remaining tuition is due upon the start of your class sessions. Once your application is received you will be invoiced for the deposit amount. If you are not accepted in to the program your deposit will be refunded to you.
- A interview will be scheduled with all applicants and acceptance notifications will be made by Friday, July 28.
Completed applications must include:
- Cover Letter describing your career goals and desire for an active leadership role in the South Shore community.
- Current Resume.
- Two References.
- Letter of Recommendation from one of the following: Leader in your organization, a Tahoe Chamber board member, a Leadership Lake Tahoe alumni, or any civic leader.
Leadership Lake Tahoe Class of 2015-2016